Travelling is no doubt fun, relaxing, enriching, but at the same time, expensive as well. But this doesn’t mean you have to postpone your vacation plans due to limited savings. All you need to do is master the art of budget traveling. We well share with you some amazing tips to enjoy traveling to beautiful destinations without digging a hole in your pocket.
Budget travel tips to sustain your wanderlust
Let us find out how we can satisfy our adventure-seeking soul even with limited money in our pockets. Check out these cool tips:
- When to travel- Most people travel during summer and winter vacations. These are the peak seasons when flight tickets, cab fares, hotel charges, and foods at tourist spots are the most expensive. Since your budget is limited, you can plan your trip during off seasons like monsoon. In addition to cheap rates, the places will also not be crowded by thousands of people as it happens in peak months.
- Book tickets in advance- Last minute booking are extremely expensive. Booking flight tickets three months in advance will ensure that you get the same ticket at half the price. Also, don’t forget to compare the prices offered by multiple websites to get the cheapest deal.
- Where to stay- Since you are not travelling with your family, you do not need to stay in hotels or resorts. There are hostels for backpackers that are safe, have all modern amenities, and are super cheap. There are relaxing hostels, party hostels, rural hostels and exotic hostels for you to choose from.
- Where to eat- Another way to save a lot of money is by avoiding eating at touristy restaurants. Instead, eat at local places that will offer you delicious meals at cheap prices. Also, never shy away from free food such as complimentary breakfast. While booking a hotel, go for one that offers complimentary meals and eat well to keep your stomach full for a long time.
- Travel in a group- Traveling in groups help people cut down on their expenses. So, make a group of at least 4 or 5 people with friends or colleagues. This way, you can divide the prices of hotel room and carpooling. Moreover, more people means, more fun!
- Never travel with a travel agency- Travel agencies ease the process of traveling by attending to all details from booking of tickets to chalking out the sightseeing plans for you. But, they also charge you a lot of money. If you want to be kind to your wallet, take time to do the bookings on your own and watch some Youtube videos to make a list of the tourist attractions in the city you have chosen to travel.
- Choose experiences over material pleasures- While in a tourist destination avoid going to amusement parks and places that offer paid entertainment. Instead, spend time in the lap of nature.
So, don’t let anything stop you from visiting your favorite destinations. With the pro hacks mentioned above, you can easily fulfill your travel goals in budget.