A historical and cultural destination, the United Kingdom is flooded with visitors all the year round. The Scottish landscapes, the Beatles, the prehistoric forts and castles, and the royal family of Britain are among the many charms of the country. As time is limited and there are hundreds of attractions in the UK, it is not possible to see all of them in one trip. So, we have prepared a list of the ten most attractive spots which you cannot afford to miss.
10 must visit places in the United Kingdom:
- Big Ben- One of the most beautiful summer retreats in the UK is the Big Ben. Big Ben is the clock tower located close to Central London’s Westminster Abbey. UNESCO has declared it a World Heritage Site and you must click a photo for your Instagram wall in front of the hundred metres tall tower.
- Hyde Park- Hype Park is one of London’s royal parks and is a perfect place to enjoy a lazy day with your family or partner. Several famous bands like Pink Floyd give live performances in the park premises.
- Windsor Castle- The royal family resides in the Windsor Castle. Situated in Berkshire and constructed in the 11th century, the castle is a rare piece of art.
- London Eye- The one thing that comes to our mind the moment someone mentions London is the huge Ferris wheel. Situated on the Thames River, it offers a great view of the city of London. Young couples love this spot and it will be the most romantic ride of your life.
- Giant’s Causeway- Made of hexagonal basalt columns, the Giant’s Causeway is a unique place to explore. Moreover, entry to this place is free for all.
- Stonehenge- If you are a history buff, UK is a paradise for you. Stonehenge belongs to the Neolithic age and is an ideal site to explore with kids. It is again a World Heritage Site and its beauty lies in the mystery of its existence. Nobody has been able to explain what these stone structures represent and how they have stood the test of time.
- Trafford Centre- Trafford Centre is a heaven for shopaholics. It has excellent shops, cafes, and food joints for every type of shopper and the best place to buy souvenirs.
- Old Town, Edinburgh- Edinburgh is an ancient city that has so many stories to tell its visitors. The city is full of alleyways, forts and buildings that are hundreds of years old. The Royal Mile and the Edinburgh Castle are two must visit spots here.
- Dunluce Castle- This is a medieval castle present in Northern Ireland. It was built on a cliff with steep falls in the late 1600’s. November is the best time to visit the Dunluce Castle.
Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness- Loch Noch is a breathtakingly beautiful freshwater lake, situated in the Scottish highlands and surrounded by lush greenery. Ben Nevis, the region’s highest mountain is ideal for biking, hiking and trekking.